Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tamara Tunie Hosts...

It was a last minute call and Thank God I answered! Tamara Tunie was hosting the Thurgood Marshall Front Row Fashion Show and she needed a dress for the event. I got 6 pieces to the office of The Ground Crew (back stage production company). Holding my breath, Patricia Polhill (office manager of The Ground Crew) then called a day later and said she would be wearing my two piece patch work jacket and short tulle skirt. I was stunned and excited. She also requested jewelry and that was happily provided by Beauloni Style.
This was a big event which featured 11 designers that included Tracey Reese, Lafayette 148, Douglas Says, and Sixxfoota. The event honored Beverly Johnson, Audrey Smaltz, Vanessa Williams, and Tyson Beckford to name a few (see complete list here). So I my little dress was going be in excellent company.
The night of the event is filled with much hustle bustle, as most fashion shows are. For the beginning of the event Miss Tunie wore a B Micheal gown which was beautiful.

Then for the opening of the fashion show she wore my little number. When she walked out on stage the audience cheered. I know they were happy to see her but I will take a little credit because she looked fabulous. I struggled to get a picture, this is what I got, back stage nothing.


Disappointed, but not undaunted I scored with a the website Film Magic.com.

This was a magical moment

2pc silk patchwork fitted jacket with blue lace trim worn with a light green tulle skirt.
See more on this event at Sharon Quinn blogspot

1 comment:

Lisa M. McGainey said...

That dress is gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails