Saturday, January 30, 2010

Roxanna

 
Moments before she goes down the aisle with her uncle.

Roxanna, is the kind of client that most designers dream about.  Class, style, knowledgable about fashion, and as she said "I'm not cheap!".  For good reason, Roxanna Floyd is one of the top make-up artists in the media industry.  Painting the faces of Queen Latifah, Angela Basset, and others.  Her movie credits are not bad either, so when she was getting married she had a slew of designers to choose from.  I was so honored that she chose me.



She wore a two piece silk charmuese short dress that was trimmed with chantilly lace had a plunging neckline.  This was topped off with a  cream color Wool/Cashmere coat.  We all walked to the Emmanuel Baptist church which was about one block away.

That was a stylish strut.  
  
Her wedding was small but it packed a punch with guest like Courtney Vance and Angela Basset.  Yep it was all very Chi Chi Chic.  


The reception was wonderful at a local restaurant Two Steps Down where guests had a choice of Fried Catfish and grits or Smothered Chicken.  It is one of my most cherished memories.  

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.  For me Roxanna was all three.  Our fittings always included her inspiring uplifts and I was always learning something new.  She motivated by just being herself.   Her advice to me was open yourself up to God and know that your wants, needs, and desires are already answered.  Roxanna is with me for a lifetime and while her passing (January 28th) was shocking, God has decided her work was done.  
Two weeks ago I worked with her good friend and stylist, Susan Moses.  "I told Roxy I was going to be working with you, she said to say Hello",  Susan says giving me a big hug.  I, still star struck from the wedding years ago, again feel the same inspirational high I felt even without being in her physical presence.  That's Roxanna, her work was to make people look good, but that was secondary, she made people feel good.  I will miss her but always have my own special connection.  Thank you Roxanna, you are a beautiful angel. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails