Sunday, September 26, 2010

Saying I Do

Saying I Do
Today's couples say I Do in the most creative ways and there are some that follow their cultural traditions of the past.  From being married by friends (who can be ordained online) to a High Mass at the family's church.  The wedding has been a statement making event for couples.
However you do your I Do's, the exhibit Saying I Do at the Detroit Historical Museum explores the history of nuptials.

Detroit Historical Museum

From the Freep.com: "The exhibit of clothing, artifacts and stories paints a portrait of the way weddings were and are celebrated by various religious, ethnic and racial groups in metro Detroit, from 1640 through the present." read the full article.

 5401 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, Michigan 48202
313.833.1805

Wednesday through Friday – 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Saturday – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday – Noon to 5 p.m.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails