Saturday, December 31, 2005

Your Passport Please

If you currently do not have a valid Passport or your current Passport will expire before JUNE, 2007, read this page. Please apply for your US State Department Passport at least six months prior to our July 2007 sailing date. Once you have a valid passport, it is the one document that will get you thru busy Airport security screenings. A Valid US Passport will ensure you have a smooth care free travel experience since it identifies you as a Citizen of the United States, ensuring your rights to Leave and RETURN Home. After 12/2005 it will be a required document for ALL USA Citizens boarding Cruise ships and International flights.

If your current Passport is valid and will not expire until AFTER AUGUST 2007, then you can explore the other pages in the web site. Just remember to pack your passport and be ready for fun!

What documentation do you need to bring?
All U.S. and Canadian citizens must travel with proof of citizenship, which is a valid passport, original, state-certified birth certificate and picture identification, or a certified naturalization certificate with a picture identification. Acceptable forms of picture identification are state or provincial driver's license, or federal, state, province or local government photo I.D. card. Guests age 17 and under who are U.S. or Canadian citizens are only required to have proof of citizenship, excluding picture identification. These guidelines are based on U.S. government regulations which are subject to change at any time. It is the Guest's responsibility to check with their Travel Agent, government agencies, embassies or consulates prior to their vacation to ensure that they have proper documentation. Any Guest traveling without proper documentation will not be allowed to board the vessel and no refund of cruise fare will be issued.

Security guidelines require all adult Guests to show a picture I.D. to embark and disembark the ship in all ports, including Castaway Cay. Please be advised that anyone under the age of 18 wishing to go ashore unaccompanied will be required to have a consenting parent, guardian or other responsible adult with them at the gangway, to provide their signature as authorization.

Please note: Proposed federal regulations would require U.S. citizens to possess a valid U.S. passport when returning from the Caribbean after 12/31/2005, and when returning from Mexico after 12/31/2006. Although these implementation dates are subject to change, we strongly encourage all guests traveling with Disney Cruise Line after December 31, 2005 to obtain a passport for each member of your sailing party. For more information any updates on this proposed legislation and the latest information regarding implementation dates, visit

How do you get a passport?
FIRST Time Passport applications use this link;

United States citizens can visit the State Department?s travel website, or call the U.S. National Passport Information Center: 1-877-4USA-PPT; TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793.

You should allow yourself a sufficient amount of time to apply and receive your passport in advance of travel. Please allow 6 weeks for processing of your passport application if you apply from inside the U.S. If you need to travel urgently and require a passport sooner, please visit for additional information. Overseas passport processing times vary; you should contact the closest U.S. Embassy or Consulate for specific information.Peak domestic passport processing is between January and July. For faster service, we recommend applying between August and December.

If you are applying for your FIRST Passport download form "DS-0011.pdf"Complete the form, along with a certified birth certificate you may apply in person at your local Passport office or at your local Central Post Office ( be sure to check since many post office process Passport applications on certain days.)

If you have been issued a passport in the past 15 years, and you need to RENEW your passport, download form "DS-82.pdf". Once you complete this form you may mail in the completed application along with your old passport , new photos and your application fee.

To make it easy for you to apply for your US Passport, start with the link to the National Center for Health Statistics-VITAL Records. Clicking this link National Center for Health Statistics-VITAL Records, will take you to a page where you can select your State of Birth. Once you select the link that takes you to your state of birth, where you can read detailed information for your individual state's method on how to request CERTIFIED copies of your Birth Certificate.

1 comment:

johnbrinick2582 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog


Related Posts with Thumbnails